10:00 Uhr - 11:00 Uhr
- VCI & Cerfa
Assistenz, Digitalisierung, Pharmapolitik
Cerfa, the Study Committee on Franco-German Relations, and VCI, the German Chemical Industry Association, are pleased to invite you to the webinar
Reconciling the Green Deal with Europe’s competitiveness – What industrial policy is needed?
- on 25 May 2023 from 10.00 to 11.00.
We are pleased to welcome
- MEP Christian Ehler (EPP), Member of ITRE Committee
- Ms Véronique de Waele, Head EU Government Relations BASF Group
- Nicolas Erb, EU Affairs Director ALSTOM
as our guests on the panel, kindly moderated by Marie Krpata, Research Fellow at Cerfa.
Europe has embarked upon a vast process of decarbonizing its economy by 2050. The EU approach to guide this collective transformation within only 30 years is – as currently designed – by means of regulatory pressure and a myriad of legislative pieces.
Competitiveness considerations were of secondary importance. Against the backdrop of energy and economic insecurity, rising cost disadvantages, geostrategic instability, and competing policy choices – like the US Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) – the well-being and success prospects of domestic industry are finally back on the Brussels agenda. The Green Deal Industrial Plan was presented in February and the Net Zero Industry Act on 16 March.
The webinar aims at discussing the essence of these measures, their objectives and the likely impact. We will look mainly at the following questions:
- A revived dynamic: Do we see a renaissance of pro-competitiveness policies?
- Better framework conditions or more state or both: Is there a common understanding of the nature of the EU industrial strategy?
- What kind of policy mix – (de-)regulatory approach, fiscal and financial aid – is necessary?
- Against the sentiment of over-regulation: Will yet another law help to improve industrial competitiveness?
We will send you an official registration confirmation after your registration.
We are looking forward to welcoming you and to having a fruitful discussion.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to reach out to Anna König (+32 2 5480690 | firstname.lastname@example.org ).