01. August 2019 | Leitfaden
The German chemical industry is committed to a responsible production and use of nanomaterials.
To support member companies, and customer companies in the value chain, to manage the health, safety and environmental aspects of nanomaterials throughout the life cycle, the German Chemical Industry Association VCI has issued a series of documents. They provide guidance on all aspects of a good product stewardship on nanomaterials. This includes, i.a., the safe recovery and disposal of wastes containing nanomaterials.
Wastes containing nanomaterials can be generated in the production or use of nanomaterials. Such wastes occur e.g. in the production of substances, mixtures or products, in the processing and repair of products, or in the disposal of products at the end of their lifecycle.
The VCI guidance on the safe recovery and disposal of wastes containing nanomaterials covers the following topics:
2. Legal Framework
3. Conclusions from regulatory requirements
4. Safe recovery or disposal of wastes containing nanomaterials
- Waste recovery or disposal
- Gathering information about hazardous properties of substances regarding the waste status
- Communication along the supply chain
- Determining the hazardousness of waste
The complete guidance to "Safe Recovery and Disposal of Wastes containing Nanomaterials" is available in the download section at the top of this page.
For questions or suggestions, please feel free to contact us.