Manufacturing / Reconditioning of Chemical Industry Pallets (CP)
Approach: · Application for registry with Plastics Europe · Allocation of a registry No. · Payment of registration fee · Compliance with the CP-Specifications · Marking of the Pallets · Collection of Pallets up to 50 km of the facility
- Supplier/ Reconditioner who intents to produce/recondition CPs apply to Plastics Europe (former APME) for registration and the allocation of a manufacturer/reconditioner’s number. A registration fee will be charged.
Avenue E van Nieuwenhuyse 4, Box 3
Telephone: +32 (2) 675 32 97
Fax: +32 (2) 675 39 35
- Registered suppliers are committed to respect the active manufacturing and reconditioning specifications for CPs.
„Transport/ Verpackung“ under „downloads“
in the „Packaging Handbook“
- Newly produced or reconditioned CPs must to be marked with the registration No.
- The allocation of the registration number implies compliance with the specifications and if required that the used CPs are collected according to the CP specification.
- Edition 6 „Chemical Industry Pallets“ from April 2004 is the valid version:
- When requested, the registered CP supplier shall offer to the owners of used CPs the free collection of pallets up to at least 50 km from his facilities and shall respect the lead times mentioned in the table below.
|Number of Pallets||Maximal Lead time for collection|
|> 400||2 Weeks|
|100 - 400||4 Weeks|
|20 - 100||3 Months|
- More than 10 % of the pallets have unacceptable deficiencies
- Less than 20 pallets are offered; they shall be accepted without costs when delivered to the registered supplier/reconditioner or collected after payment of transport costs.